Monday, February 8, 2010

Superette

Today I was rushing around like a mad thing and was so rewarded when at lunch time I came across a little jewel in the name of 'Superette' I have never seen it before. I am told that they have been open since last year and that they have featured in a lot of magazines. How can that be? I love magazines - how did I miss this wonderful thing? Anyway, it sounds like I'm definitely not the first person to discover it and the whole of Cape Town has been brunching here for months. I love the way it is so Notting Hilly - right in the middle of Salt River Main Road. It is done so cleverly and stylishly - attention to detail is unreal and so refreshingly original.


The super slick and simple awning was what first caught my eye.
Just so beautifully simple.

You see..... Notting Hilly

Delicious panini's piled up. Behind, the menu written on the shiny white (almost butcher type) tiles.
I love the casual, warm atmosphere.

I love the napkins.
Very clever really, even a coat rack for yes, your coat!

You help yourself to a drink from the old school fridge.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the fridge - the old school continued with old fashioned bottles of ginger beer, root beer, lemonade and cream soda! Cream soda for heaven's sake! It was quite tricky deciding

I went with the old style root beer. Must say it tasted a bit like a large glass of Wicks bubblegum - which is quite a good thing.


My food was absolutely delicious. I even had a purple plum tomato.

They also stock the most unique products. Who needs Whole Foods.

My heart stopped - honestly? Chestnut Spread. Can't cope. I think I might just have to make macaroons in order to fill them with this! Although my one and only attempt at macaroons was not successful.
Am so sad as in my mad rushing I forgot to buy a bag of these delicious biscuits. Dammit. Wish I was dunking away right now. I will have to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment