Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ralph Lauren How Could You?

I have always been obsessed with the Ralph Lauren ad campaigns. I have collected them over the years. Of course I am now familiar with the various Ralph Lauren models. So, I could NOT believe when i saw the below image. This poor model Filippa Hamilton has been photoshopped within an inch of her life! She obviously is a human phenomenon that can survive with only two ribs she looks like Barbie in life size except for the long neck (you know how they're always banging on about what Barbie's proportions would be in real life) I can't get over this huge blip on the Ralph Lauren name. It made me sad and happy at the same time. Sad because my ultimate dream has been shattered with a lie and happy because oh hooray the relief! So you see, people aren't actually THAT thin in real life. Anyone can look super model thin with a click of a mouse. In fact, Ralph Lauren has actually just fired Filippa Hamilton for being too fat! So she claims, she says they fired her because she can no longer fit into the sample clothes. She has been with Ralph Lauren since she was fifteen.You will know her from the famous ad for Ralph Lauren's fragrance Romance. I think every young girl has covered her school books in this campaign. What a shame we will miss you Filippa.

Can you cope?

Another one of my favorites.

The classic Ralph Lauren shot.

Looking more normal in size and SO much more attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment