Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shanghai Express

Darling has had a wonderful time in Singapore and now he is in Bangkok. He called me in a flat panic to say that he has started his shopping part of his trip (a half hour) and that he is standing at the first stall of a never ending road of every conceivable item of clothing and accessories one can buy under the sun. My dream! I knew his level of stress and panic would warrant a phone call. Luckily I was one step ahead! I have learnt from his previous trips when Darling is left unaided what that can mean. He is very very good with consumable items such as Fortnum's biscuits, chocolate and perfume. He also made a hit with The 'Aspinal Ladies' Social Diary'
in powder blue. Luckily it is a hit he can continue with, so now it's become tradition that I get one every year in my stocking, it is a win win all round. However, one year I said I would like a gold clutch bag.(I didn't give specifics or brand) He said finding a gold clutch became the search for the holy grail, his 'raison d'etre' He came home empty handed. I realised that it was unfair of me to put Darling under that sort of torture. So, this time I gave more direction!

Shanghai Tang, Terminal 2, Singapore Changi Airport

Option 1. These beautiful silk pyjamas. In any colour except as shown above. Size Medium. Unless made for tiny Chinese girls then size XXL

Option 2: 'Double Fish' cotton voile tunic. Ref: 1H330z2 Col. mustard. NOT fuchsia
Size as mentioned previously
I can't wait to see what he gets me. Just as long as it's exotic and Eastern. I want to be like the sultry Marlene Dietrich in 'Shanghai Express' and walk around the house saying her famous line " It too-ook more than one man to change my name to Shanghai Lily"

How glamorous is this.

No comments:

Post a Comment