Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lazy Sunday

I have the laziest most indulgent Sunday ever. I have spent 94.5% of it in bed. Was so thrilled to wake up this morning to see the weather was quite mis. Hooray!!! My favorite, a guilt free day in bed. I can't bare that bright happy sunshine day when you feel like you should be outdoors 'doing things' To top it all off i have just started new book. Well, I can't tell you how I am loving it! I read her first book about three years ago 'Liz Jones's Diary' by Liz Jones. Liz Jones was or is (am not too sure) the Fashion Editor of the Daily Mail. She wrote about being single in The Sunday Times and then in The Guardian. She now writes a hugely popular weekly column in The Mail on Sunday YOU magazine. If you google Liz jones daily mail you can read her articles. Anyway she is basically like the real life Carrie Bradshaw. So..... I read her first book a few years ago and had that amazing experience when you find a book you LOVE. I normally find that in one in every ten books. Look, it's not deep and moving a life changing and up there with the greatest novels of all time sort of stuff - it's is just such fun and so funny. Her writing is very Bridget Jones, Marian Keyes vibe. One needs to read these type of books in between the ones you feel you should be reading. Anyway, I couldn't belive it when I was perusing the isles of Exclusive that I happened to notice the name Liz Jones on a new book 'The Exmoor Files' Could it be? Yes! Liz Jones's new book about "How I lost a husband and found rural bliss" My word! So the first book about "How one single girl got married" was follwed up by how she got divorced! I have spent the entitre day reading the new book - again hilarious. Now that I know they got divorced I want to read the first book again to see if I can spot the cracks. Human nature (or maybe just mine) is fascintaing.


The first book.

The new book.

Oh and just to finish off the weekend in the manner that is has been going along in - I am having custard for supper. Yes! It was tradition on Sundays when I was growing up that my brother and I were allowed custard for supper. I haven't had it in years, but have a sudden craving. I hope I don't make it all lumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment