Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Goodbye Holiday



Well, I must say I was quite shocked to see the last blog I posted was a month ago! You can't blame me as I have been having the most wonderful time. Firstly, I am thrilled with Darling's choice of stocking fillers. I am such a packaging magpie. So was thrilled to see the Smythson blue bag with it's navy petersham ribbon and a rich chocolate coloured bag from Maison du Chocolat. I like to look at both bags next to eachother. The two colours are so complimenatry. It's one of my favorite combinations, as you can see in on my blog heading - duck egg blue with a donkey brown. Maybe I will do a whole room scape with that inspration in mind. A bathroom would be nice. Also, in my stocking was "Keep Calm and Carry on" Am not sure what Darling was hinting at!? But, it has very handy advice from very clever people.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner,you have learned how to live" Lin Yutang

"Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine" Lord Byron

"It Ain't no use putting up your umbrella till it rains"Alice calswell Rice"

"How can they say my life is not a success? Have I not for more than 60 years got enough to eat and escaped being eaten?" Logan Pearsall smith

"A life time of happiness! No man alive could bear it: It would be hell on earth." George Bernard Shaw

I love Aerin Lauder's blue Christmas room.


The interior designer Bunny Wiliams also uses alot of blue ans shades of browns and taupes in her rooms. It really is very attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment