Monday, January 25, 2010

Secret Garden

I am currently trying to plan my garden. Since we got the Beags, the poor garden has taken quite a bashing. So...... now that most of my plants have been ripped out and used in a tug of war, I have been left with flowerless beds with mounds of earth a la graveyard. Not very attractive.
Although, I am now very excited planning a whole new garden from wall to wall. For inspiration I was privileged to visit 'Freshwoods' private garden in Elgin. It is owned by Peter and Barbara Knox-Shaw and has been described as "Rambling,romantic plantsman's garden with major collection of heritage and species roses and many rare trees and shrubs"
It certainly is the most beautiful garden I have had the pleasure to walk through. It is like a dreamland with so many wonderful,magical secret spaces. It has such ancient towering trees, winding walkways that sometimes lead to hidden tunnels. it even has a bamboo garden.

Oh dear, where to start!


























No comments:

Post a Comment