Saturday, January 23, 2010

And so to Bed......

I am so mad mad about my bed. The place that I adore most spending time is in my bed. Does that mean I'm lazy? So, I was going through some old photos and saw how my bedroom has changed over the course of two years. I wonder what it will look like in the future?
Our bedroom two years ago. Definitely way too much dark wood.


I loved the blue ikat scatter cushions with the cotton mustard and crochet pillow cases and bedspread.
Our bedroom now! Quite a change BUT still a work in progress. I added the aubusson rug for some more layering. The four poster to create a bit of drama. Our bedroom is not very big, so thought I'd exaggerate the ceiling height to give it a better sense of scale. Also, I changed the cut-out wooden screen to a raffia headboard - more comfortable and to lessen the dark wood! I think one of us needs a white bedside table though - not sure who will trade as we are very protective over our adored pieces.


My bedroom at my parents' house. One of my most favorite rooms in the world. It has the most calming, cool feeling about it. It feels like a holiday.


A bedroom we did for a client in Mauritius. Does it look like I have a fetish with four posters?





The guest bedroom in Mauritius.

My clients' son's room in Mauritius.

A house we did in Constantia. We were not given much wall - so they have the smallest bedside tables on earth. We had them made out of bleached oak, so at least they are very beautiful.

The teenager's room.



Their little girl's room




A holiday house we did. The soft mint colour makes it very soothing! Although, we did go quite crazy with the palms! This client is prone to exaggeration - she is Ruby Wax after all.

The guest bedroom in the holiday house. We did an upholstered mattress to make it more of a day bed. It can be used as a rumpus room during the day,

Clients bedroom in Durban. Very peaceful. I love the deep buttoned headboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment