Monday, January 18, 2010

Pink Monday


Everywhere I looked today, I saw pink. It started with the giant watermelon I cut up. Once I saw the size of the tower I had created, I realised that there was no getting through that in a hurry. I very subtly pretended to Beatrice and Chester (Bea and C) that is was delicious slices of Beagle snacks - they saw through that quite quickly. Obviously. Oh, I did not want to waste this precious summer fruit. And then clever Darling saved the day and it was delicious!

He calls is "Pink Swim" Watermelon, mint and a splash of vodka. Blended all together. Add a sprig of mint for completion. Now that is how you eat a watermelon!



* A note from Mrs Mostess

Elsie de Wolfe, as a hostess had more ideas than most women have guests.She was one of the first to popularise cocktail parties, where she liked to serve her own concoction........

'The Pink Lady'

1/3 gin, 1/3 pink grapefruit juice, 1/3 Cointreau

Women all over America heeded her rules for entertaining:
"Plates should be hot,hot,hot; glasses cold,cold,cold; and table decorations low,low,low"
The Power of Style, Annette Tapert and Diana Edkins


I looked out my kitchen window and saw my frosty pink Angel's Trumpet was in bloom!

I can't believe how quickly this plant has grown. It really has been the fastest growing plant in my garden, and look how beautiful the flower is.



* A note from Mrs Potter.
Brugmansia, often called Angel Trumpet, grows to be a large shrub and has datura - like blooms that hang down like bells. A designer plant collected passionately all over the world, plant lovers favour their exquisite blooms and heavy fragrance. http://www.arhomegarden.org/

All parts of the plant are poisonous if ingested. They are evergreen.
Water regularly, but do not over water. http://www.davesgarden.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment