Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Espanolas!

Well, I am very excited about the match tonight. Neither Spain nor Germany are my team. I have however decided to support Spain as I have spent many a wonderful day there. I have not been to Germany, and I'm sure it's lovely but the hot countryside, sangria, gazpacho and siestas is definitely helping in my choice to support Spain. They live a very civilized life indeed, one that I could happily adapt to. Darling and I spent one of our best holidays in Seville at a friend's hacienda. It's called Hacienda de San Rafael. Pronounced 'Hathienda de Than Rafael' it is very fun to say especially when said quickly.



The entrance to the 'hathienda'






Such cool (temperature) indoor spaces surrounding a central courtyard.


Old large terracotta tiles that are so nice to walk on when coming in from the hot sun.


I love the dark beams on the white ceiling.


Of course a big horsey element which always lends itself to the Spanish ranch style living.


Who knew that cotton could work so well in the sitting room.


The Spanish steps


The colloquial inner courtyard




Darling cleaning the pool



This is where I loved to read


Late dinners in the courtyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment