Monday, July 5, 2010

Camellias in Season

I'm so happy right now, as one of my favorite flowers, Camellias are in season! White or pink I love them. Red is my least favorite. They look so beautiful just plonked casually in a vase on a desk, entrance hall or bedside table.


It is also easy to keep greenery on your entrance hall table. Flowers are not essential, greenery is just as beautiful. Beautiful white Camellias.

Look at these white roses in the lobby of Le Meurice in Paris. It looks very top heavy for that table! But quite amazing and decadent.

A big arrangement of white hydrangeas at my wedding. Another one of my favorite flowers.

Pink peonies at my wedding. One of the wonderful things about getting married in November.

* A note from Mrs Married:

If you do not have a garden from which to pick flowers, or none of your flowers are in bloom - I ask Husband to do what I call 'the neighbourhood
sweep' He won't be happy about this particular task as it could lead to embarrasement. It is always so worth it though. Your house can be filled with natural looking arrangements such as Frangipanis, (which are often easy to find hanging over a neighbours wall) Bougainvillia or even Hibiscus.

Do not ask him to pick things from the mountain however tempting as it
may be as it could lead to arrest!


* A note from Mrs Mostess:

Try to make your arrangements look natural.

There is no need to group different flowers together like a store brought bunch from the 7eleven. Rather mass the same flower togther in one big generous bunch. Never add shocking accessories like twirled sticks shooting up to the moon! It is your home and not a conference centre.



No comments:

Post a Comment