Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Good Guest

I was the lucky lucky girl to receive this delicious little tart. My very generous friend Mariam came round for a tête-à-tête and I was so happy to see what she had tucked under her arm.

How unbelievable is the perfection of this lemon meringue pie. I love the name of the bakery written in gold on chocolate. That is inspiring presentation if ever I've seen it.

Our feasting continued with this little pretty. Classic chocolate eclair. Very good for general upliftment. In fact my Grandmother always used to eat chocolate logs for 'cheering up'
If you have not been to Cassis, you should go immediately. Try to limit yourself to one hit a week.

One of the many nice things about having friends to your house, is that they sometimes come with lovely things. I also received these amazing boxes of Turkish delight. I was more happy with the box itself than the actual contents. I love the colour and the pattern.


In fact the two together make for a very original and stunning colour combination.


I have recently received these beautiful soaps for my shop from Portugal.

I think they make for the most perfect something to take as a guest to a person's house.

Again, loving the colours and patterns.

They come in large with matching babies.


The Portuguese are so clever.

I actually do collect soaps. It is very rewarding to group them together in a big bowl or vase and have them next to your basin or bath. I also have tone hidden in cupboard under shirts etc. Nothing like putting on a clean T shirt smelling of scented soap.


Very attractive indeed.

* A note from Mr Manners:
As a guest, one should always take something
for your host. Try to make it personal and put
some effort into it. When obvious NEVER re gift, unless
of course you do not want a repeat invitation.
It is not ideal to take flowers to a dinner party as so many
people do - it puts your host under tremendous pressure as she
runs around looking for a vase and water etc. Rather leave their favorite chocolates or a special soap discretely on a table.
A beautiful ribbon is always in good taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment