Sunday, June 13, 2010

What's your game plan?

Well, I must say I am on a serious high after this weekend's world cup events. Never before have I experienced such an electric atmosphere. It was excitement beyond belief. Lets discuss the highlights:
Firstly, it is not often that you get to pretend that your house is an embassy.
Secondly,the whole family can participate, including the Beags. They loved it although quite shell shocked when Darling insisted they join in on the Long Street parade. The vuvzelas where enough to confuse them, let alone it was the first time that they have ever worn 'clothes'. The poor things were under the impression that, admittedly their slightly tightish soccer tops disabled them from walking. They spent the first five minutes with cat like arched backs standing statue still. It's amazing what one boerewors roll can do. they were wagging and dancing just like the rest of us with just one boerie!
Thirdly, it is not often you experience Cape Town on such a united front. It was momentous to say the least.
In order to be fair one must discuss the down sides:
Firstly, I got home with a migraine from the vuvuzelas - they are quite out of control. Fun of course, but seriously? Think of it as a Lear jet hovering overhead for the duration of the game.
Lastly, my only other complaint of the entire event is that they ran out of food at the match - tragedy! It did not help that the girl next to me was divulging in salt and vinegar chips. Torture. I always think of that song.......Ag, please daddy won't you take me to the drive in, popcorn, chewing gum and ice cream too (something like that, I hope it's not just me!) Somehow the Budweiser was not a well received substitute for me.

Dominico House - The Embassy

The Beags!

You can see it's all equal equal in our house. South Africa AND England.

Mr Chester
Miss Beatrice. I think green could be her colour.
Unbelievable!!!!!

Blowing in my ear - do you want to busrt a blood vessel!

Alle Bleu!

A little house outside Stellenbosch. How charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment