Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's bed for me!

On cold days like these, there is nothing else to do but get into bed. As you all know I am a big fan of beds. I would live in mine if life permitted it. I am sitting here trying to think warm and sunny thoughts. My mind keeps drifting to the ice hotel. Getting into my bed is as inviting as this little cool number...............

Luckily, after a while the frost bite starts to subside and finally finally I can wiggle my toes again! That is why it is vital never never to get out of bed.


The one thing that I loved about our honeymoon on Kiwayu Island in Kenya was the many many day beds plonked at random intervals - perfect when one feels a sudden nap creeping up.

How I wish I was there now.



This was our bed at The Peponi hotel in Lamu. I love a super high bed.

Our bed at home - my dream permanent residence.

How magnificent is this bunk bed I found in an antique shop near the East End in London.

As for this crib!!

I quite fancy this leather sleigh bed. Perfect for a winter Ralph Lauren style hunting lodge.

I keep scrapbooks and folders of inspiration photos - these are some photos of beds I like.

A David Hicks bed

A bedroom designed by Emma Jane Pilkington. One of my decorator idols. She did Ivanka Trumps apartment when she was single.

I love the detailing in this room - the bamboo bed, the paisley fabric used on walls, curtains and bed canopy and of course the ultimate touch of leopard print.

Lovely and serene and feminine.

A Kelly Wearstler room - another idol of mine.

* A note from Mrs Mostess.
It is quite wonderful to entertain in your bedroom.
It has been known that certain grande dames in the past would serve cocktails in their vast bathrooms. So take advice from Elsie de Wolfe and the likes and break out of parochial norm and why not serve chilled campari and bitter orange in a deliciously toasty bedroom. It's a sure way to make your guests feel at ease.




No comments:

Post a Comment