Monday, December 7, 2009

Blue Monday

It's official I have 'the Black Dog' It is bad........
There is no apparent reason for said condition but just one of those unexplained rare occurrences.

What to do! My eyes scan the room in despair and then Oh my, relief!
Of course, my little Savoy cocktail book. Heaven.

Ok, the world is not over and look they even have a cocktail for my exact state of mind
'Blue Monday Cocktail'
1/4 Cointreau
3/4 Vodka
1 Dash Blue Vegetable Extract
Shake Well and strain into cocktail glass

The Savoy Cocktail Book

Darling, do we have cointreau? Ummmm, no.

Oh, alright do we have blue vegetable extract? Ummm, have we ever had blue vegetable extract?

Suppose not. Damnation.

So it's worse than I thought. I can't even have My blue Monday cocktail.

The Darling, sensing it was about to become bad for him too, pulled the most wonderful surprise. We had one bottle of champagne left over from our wedding! Saved for a good or in this case bad occasion. Hooray!!!!

Bring on the Champagne!

And then, can you believe it The Darling revealed that Winston Churchill's favorite champagne was Pol Roger. The exact champagne we are drinking whilst also experiencing the 'black dog.'
It was all meant to be. Black Dog has run away.

A note from Mrs Mostess:
It is always safest to ask your guests what they would like to drink.
If they say they do not mind, it means they want Champagne.
The Savoy Cocktail Book

No comments:

Post a Comment