Thursday, December 10, 2009

Absolute Mayhem

So after overdoing the Christmas shopping, by overdoing it I'm referring to the actual shopping, mall tralling rather than any buying. And that is the problem you see. My body is aching from head to toe. This is a recent phenomenon since being married to Darling who has four sisters all who have husbands and children. My Christmas shopping is multiplied from one sibbling to thirty. Very relaxing. So off I go with my list with high hopes. I start in quite a relaxed fashion and touch,peruse, smell and fondle items in that shopping high. I am supposed to start with the sisters and go down the list accordingly. However, the seventeen year old niece is like a thorn in my thigh, a blip on my shopping list happiness. Seventeen! The coolness of seventeen. Oh the pressure. I keep saying to myself - pass,pass,pass on the seventeen year old for heaven's sake. Move on, you have a menagerie of easy ages to choose from, ease yourself into it. But no couldn't tear myself away from the task of getting the utimate best seventeen year old present of all time!
The outcome?

Not a sausage for a single soul. Well done four hours lost into Christmas oblivian.

If only this could be me - I would have some consolation at the end of day.





* A note on shopping from Mr manners
1. Never look over goos without any intention of buying them.
2. Should you find another person examining a piece of goods, do not take hold it - wait until it is laid down, and then make your examination.
3. Pushing or crowding at a counter, or the indulgence of personal remarks, handling the goods ina careless manner, or so roughly as to injusre them, lounging upon the counter or talking in a loud voice, are marks of bad breeding.


No comments:

Post a Comment