Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Green Gunk

Well, as a follow on from yesterday, today I am going to talk about Green Gunk. Green Gunk is something that Darling invented. He also invented the name - don't ask me where he pulled that one from, but it is actually quite apt. Think of that thick green revolting looking drink that Rene Russo drinks in The Thomas Crown Affair - that about sums up Green Gunk. It is made up of fresh wheat grass, spirulina, 'green power' (a powder of organic wheat.barley and alfafa grass and 7 types of seaweed!)) a banana, a bit of watered down apple juice and sometimes a little milk thistle for your liver.
Often I hear the whir whir of the blender coming from the kitchen, and I desperately hope that Darling is going to surprise me with a banana milkshake! But, it never ever is my dream of a milkshake it is always the dreaded Green Gunk!

Block your nose and get it down! This is my Green Gunk taken this morning.

You can buy 'The Real Thing, Green Power' from the Wellness Warehouse. The milk thistle tablets you can by from health shops. Oh forgot to mention that of course you can add fruit to soften the blow. Strawberries are nice.

This is our wheat grass crop in our kitchen. Sometimes Darling even adds a bit of aloe plant for kicks.

Let's just focus on how amazing Rene Russo looks in the movie. Think Rene thoughts as you glug down your seven types of seaweed.
One of my favorite dresses of all time. If I get to wear that bring on the Green Gunk!!!

2 comments:

  1. The Dreaded Green Gunk! I have never been subjected to the drink and will stick to my coffee in the morning! Portia makes a mean Cappucino

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply can't believe that I might be the 5th viewer of this blog. It is EXCELLENT!!! You could totally win competitions with this humour! Brilliant - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete