Monday, September 6, 2010

Get a Spring in Your Step

Well, it's Spring time and that means Spring cleaning! I have decided to go full throttle!

I have spent the afternoon with my bank manager. I have changed my account type and have set up a new savings account. Finance, Tick!

I have as a brave new treat booked myself into the hydro in Stellenbosch for a three day kick start health detox. Health, Tick! (I write this whilst eating toast with peanut butter and jam)

I am having an extreme wardrobe overhaul by Deborah from Iracema Boutique. Wardrobe,Tick! (I am so excited about this, will take photos and tell all) Best of all we're doing a trade off so it remains in line with my new budgeting that I'm practicing.

I'm feeling very Springy indeed.



* A note from Miss Hotbod
Spring is the perfect time to cleanse.
Bikini season is just round the corner for goodness sake!
Start the day with hot water and lemon or green tea.
Try a drink vegetable juice until lunch time.
I either do 'green lemonade' which is spinach (letttuce,cucumber,celery or anything green can be thrown in)a whole lemon and stevia powder (a natural sweetner found in health stores)
Another good juice is beetroot,carrot and ginger all blended together.
There are so many detoxes available today. Do some research on the internet to find the best one for you. Set aside one weekend and do a proper detox!


* A note from Mrs Married (today she is doing the houshold accounts)

I read in Rich Woman by Kim kiyosaki that each month you should set aside a certain percentage of your salary. Then you should split that percentage into three sections: Investing Account,Savings Account and Charity Account .So if you take 30% of your salary you would give 10% to the above accounts.

It is a very good idea as otherwise we know it is impossible to save. when I opened my new bank account I immediately put aside my 30%. It was surprisingly rewarding even after I had to kiss a few purchases good bye.

I'm going to for the first time divide the rest of my monthly budgets into sections but also to give a section to 'treats' as it must be somewhat realistic and enjoyable. Otherwise what;s it all for!!!

A good website to compare banking charges and to clean out your financing is www.justmoney.co.za they give banking tips and ways to save money too!

No comments:

Post a Comment