Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas at DOMINICO HOUSE

                               Welcome to Christmas at DOMINICO HOUSE.
This year we have embraced the Christmas spirit and have got in so may beautiful smalls for presents.
These Gold place mats are just my favorite. I am obsessed with them. If you haven't noticed yet, gold is the hottest colour right now. We have got Gold balls, Gold angels and Gold bangles. Also, we love these beautifully packaged soaps from Portugal.  
A lovely present for her is a panama hat. Of course it helps if you have a fabulous located vacation on the cards. But now that we have our own St Tropez in the likes of The Grand Beach there is no longer reason to feel shy. One can happily bust out in outrageous glamorous get-ups without the hiccups, of course a glass of Chardonnay always helps.
For him, a beautiful wooden walking stick. I know Darling fancies one. Also, for the garden a charming bamboo umbrella.

For a girlfriend these Ocar de la Renta banana platters.
White porcelain artichokes that come in the most beautiful boxes. Tea pots,bamboo storm lanterns and unusual vases.
For the home, attractive scatter cushions and throws.
There's nothing like a large collection of  frames massed together. You can never have enough.  
I collect paper weights and just adore these anemone ones.
Coral, my love. Makes any table scape a show stopper.
For the pool. My mother is always convincing me to buy things to wear "round the pool" this is always her selling line to me. "Gorgeous for round the pool" she says. I now have more things for "round the pool" than anything else. This summer I will be wearing these stunning ikat sarongs. They also work so well tied around the neck with a white vest. Very Vogue.

For the gardener. I am wrapping these Liberty print hats up for anyone who gardens. Darling, won't have one though - as he insists on his panama. I think they are for ladies though, so that's fair. Auntie Ginny was thrilled with hers.
Cotton kimonos. Darling and I have matching ones, which is inconvenient. I suggest buying different ones, there are different colours and patterns to choose from. The thing I like is the soft cotton weight, not too hot!
My favorite, white cotton embroidered night dresses. It's like being in a grown up  Christening gown. I do feel like Royalty. Quite nice.
Colourful kurtas, very Boho, Ethno, Indie and all the in words right now.

Hand Embroidered bags, the Palace of Jaipur. These are so French even though the pattern is Jaipur. I of course have to have these for myself.

Hot colour clutches.
Fun stripped bags with gold arm bangles. Did you know I used to be Indian in my past life. I am obsessed.
Raffia satchels in tangerine and plum. I like the pockets.
Well, to those that have it all, who can resist a leopard print bag!!!!


More scatters and throws.
And finally, my piece de resistance. 'The Firecracker'.
One must wear it on New Year's Eve. It looks amazing on naked skin. You in fact, do not need to wear another thing!

For any prices and questions call DOMINICO HOUSE
021 424 9328

1 comment:

  1. Those clutches are to die for.
    Gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete